You want to eat healthy, but you don’t have the time? Well, this one’s for you. Creamy, fruity oats soaked in coconut yogurt, mixed in with blackberries, sliced bananas, chia seeds, collagen powder, and good ol’ peanut butter. I can’t possibly tell you how good this tastes so you’ll just have to believe this gal and go try it.
So, I dubbed this the mother of all “mom breakfasts” because you kinda just wake up, and breakfast is waiting for you. A.K.A.: mom goals! Am not lying. But whether you’re a mom (or not) or someone who’s just always on the go, this super quick and easy breakfast will save your life every single morning.
I wake up at around a quarter to 7:00 every day. I don’t need an alarm clock. The first one to stir is usually Ethan who will come and snuggle with me, OR in the event he wakes up pumped (which often happens) he’ll come in with something random like: “Put your hands up, you’re under arrest mama!” Or, “You know mama, you were in my dream last night!”. And starts telling me about it (while I’m actually still in and out of dreaming myself). And he’ll cleverly quiz me on it later to see if I remember his story and he’s usually pretty upset if I don’t. Not for the faint of heart, I tell you.
The other thing you should know is I always wake up hungry. I go to bed thinking about my breakfast, more like… looking forward to it. Am always eating. I actually eat way more now than I did before, yet am 50 pounds lighter. I’ve learned it’s what you eat that truly counts. Your body needs to fuel on real, unprocessed food. It also needs superfoods, it needs all the help it can get. This breakfast is a total superfood bonanza. Like, a super bowl. Yep. It has 1 tablespoon of collagen powder which is amazing for your joints, hair, skin & nails. It has 1 tablespoon of chia seeds which are like the holy grail of superfoods and are pretty much loaded with most of the things your body needs. These oats pack a swift fiber punch, am telling ya.
If you don’t have nutritional yeast, don’t panic. You may skip it. It’s the coconut yogurt soaking as opposed to soaking in almond milk that make these oats a killer-kind-of-creamy. If you can’t find coconut yogurt & don’t have an intolerance to dairy; thick Greek yogurt will achieve the same effect. They’re dairy, gluten & refined sugar free. Oh and deliciously addictive. So let’s get to the recipe!
Blackberry Cheesecake Overnight Oats
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats (there are GF varieties)
- 1 cup of vanilla coconut yogurt or plain coconut yogurt *
- 1/2 tsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon of collagen powder (optional)
- 3/4 cup fresh blackberries or berries of your choice
- 1 tablespoon of warm peanut or almond butter*
- a handful of banana slices
- In a tight-lid container, mix in the oats, coconut yogurt, blackberries, collagen & chia seeds. Give it a good shake and make sure the (uncooked) oats are fully covered so they soften/soak evenly.
- In the morning, add banana slices & drizzle warm peanut butter over it. I sprinkle a few more chia seeds or hemp hearts. Enjoy every spoonful!
- if you use plain, unsweetened yogurt you may want to add a pinch of an unrefined sweetener like raw honey, agave or pure maple syrup. You could also sweeten naturally by adding mulberries, raisins or chopped up dates.
- if you’re allergic to nuts, sunflower butter also works really well!