“Green Smoothies Galore” will never end. Fact. But when green smoothies taste amazing beyond expectations, and I make them refined sugar, dairy and gluten free- why would you ever want to see the last of them? Every day is a new beginning when it comes to a smoothie. I absolutely love getting dirty in the kitchen and testing new concoctions. The best thing about making smoothies a part of your daily routine is their convenience, their health potential and the intrinsic variety of flavors to try. However, not all smoothies are created equal and this one rises above all the rest. Yes, it’s that good!
About oats in your smoothie… Adding oats to your daily drink is an amazing and cost-effective way to pack in nutrients and fiber, while also adding some density to your drink. When oats are blended into your smoothie the entire texture gets an immediate boost. The best thing about oats, is that they’re incredibly filling! This smoothie will nourish you ALL morning and make you feel great about yourself.
- 1 cup of almond milk *carrageenan free ( feel free to substitute with either cashew or coconut milk, if you prefer)
- 1 very ripe pear (sliced and discard the core)
- 1 very ripe frozen banana sliced
- 1/3 cup of rolled oats (I use GF Bob’s Red Mill)
- 2 tablespoons of Vanilla Flavored Coconut Yogurt (Dairy Free)
- 1/2 a teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup of baby spinach (tightly packed)
Optional: 1 tablespoon of raw honey or agave for added sweetness. Also, if you do consume dairy, you may substitute the dairy free coconut yogurt for your favorite vanilla greek yogurt.
Because this smoothie has dried oats, you need to blend this on high for a little longer than usual. I would blend on high for at least 30 seconds to ensure smoothness.
If you really enjoy this smoothie, try adding 1/3 cup of oats to any smoothie. It’s something so simple, yet makes a big difference. Happy Drinking!!